When you first install WordPress, there are a number of settings you will want to tweak, before you do anything else. Here we list just the essential changes you should make.
1. Site Title
4. Set time zone
5. Depending on the theme you have installed, you may want to add a “Home” page and then select it as the “Front page” here in Reading Settings
6. Untick “
7. Select Custom Structure and enter: /%category%/%postname%/
8. Install the essential plugins, as outlined in 10 Essential WordPress Plugins
9. Set your WordPress API code for Akismet, Site Stats and any other plugins you have installed that require it.
10. Assuming you want a contact page, install the Contact Form 7 plugin, click on Contact in the main menu, click to create the table, change any options you want to and then paste the table code into a new page called “Contact”